A Mediating and Educative approach to helping people re-engage with Nature!
Do you aspire to make a difference?
Become an Eco-Chaplain!
Eco-Chaplains mediate, mentor & share ways to uplift & enlighten our lives in the world, providing a sheltering & respectful space to re-engage with Nature.
• Explore Spiritual Ecology, increase ecological awareness
• Deepen consciousness, move from dual to nondual living
Be ordained as a Chaplain
Training & Ordination for Chaplains and Eco-Chaplains are now available through SVH and Serenity Ministries.
Rev. Julie Hawkins:
Chaplaincy & Eco-Chaplaincy
- Assist people as they walk through life,
- Have patience, compassion, empathy,
- Offer a place of safety for sharing experiences and feelings,
- Help people move through difficult life circumstances,
- Assist in times of crisis, ill-health and disaster,
- Listen to those who need someone to both listen and hear them,
- Provide companionship and walk beside those in difficulty,
- Convene meetings, offer mediation and mentoring,
- Provide a spiritual presence within the community.
Offer a mediating presence between:
- Living from habit or choice,
- Humans and Nature,
- Dualistic views and the evolving nondual consciousness.
- Help bridge the gap between:
- An outworn industrial world-view & a respectful renewal & restoration of Nature,
- Old and new paradigms,
- Dualism and Nonduality.
Assist in creating an evolving nondual world, where:
- Nature is valued, respected and restored,
- Humans and our companion species share the planet,
- Ecosystems and Earth systems are being restored to a state of balance.
Encourage empathy, compassion, altruism, fellow feeling & love, which generate:
- An uplifting of the spirit and psyche in all of Earth,
- An upwelling of generosity, neighborliness and grace,
- An elevation of values toward a life-supporting, enlivening Nonduality.
Offer an inspirational Educative presence:
- Deliver vital information on ecology, Earth systems and spirituality,
- Share details & guidance on bringing Earth Systems into balance,
- Share teachings on evolving nonduality within communities.
Work towards the elevation of consciousness from dual to nondual to:
- Enable deepening understanding of the interconnectedness of all things,
- Share ways to help heal Earth’s ecosphere by understanding interdependency,
- Foster experience of conscious living & participation in Earth’s ecosphere,
- Share fresh techniques & tools for consciousness raising,
- Equip communities with consciousness raising experiences to share with all.
Steps & Stages of the
- Decide to become a Chaplain, or Chaplain & Eco-Chaplain
- Make an expression of Interest
- The type of ordination is decided on and booked
- Information is disseminated – Manual 1 on Chaplaincy & Eco- Chaplaincy
- 1st Ordination occurs: as Chaplain
- 2nd Ordination occurs: as Eco-Chaplain
- Online Training through Tutorials, Manuals, & Workshops
- Manuals on: Chaplaincy, Eco-Chaplaincy, & Mediative / Educative Aspects of Eco-Chaplaincy (3 manuals)
- Manual on Consciousness: From Duality to Nonduality (1 manual)
- Spiritual Ecology (1 manual)
- Transforming Earth Systems (1 manual)
- Ecospheric Ecology & Ecological Ethics. (1 manual)
Eco-Chaplaincy has two strands: Mediation & Education.
1. Eco-Chaplains offer a mediating presence and act as a bridge between the old and the new, the disengaged and the interconnected, the dualistic and the nondual.
2. Eco-Chaplains offer an educative opportunity within their communities, with a supportive structure that is well resourced, based on fresh academic research, and grounded in divine spiritual wisdom.
3. Eco-Chaplains share both spiritual and ecological knowledge and deep experiences of ways we participate in Earth and Earth’s systems and eco- systems, communicating aesthetic deepening of consciousness.
Note: Training in both the Mediative strand and the Educative strand will be available through online sessions: tutorials, workshops and manuals.
The Educative strand of Eco-Chaplaincy makes a range of Short Courses available within Communities as Community Education, to further evolve the general population’s understanding of the need to elevate consciousness in order to re-engage with Nature, through aligning with and experiencing Nature more directly.
- Eco-Aware Living and Living Consciously
What is conscious living?
- Transforming Earth Systems
- Spiritual Ecology: from duality to nonduality
- Ecospheric Ecology & Ecological Ethics
- Cycles of Interconnection: Ecospheric Earth Science
- Relinquishing Anthropocentric views
- Shifting the Cultural Paradigm
- Applying Ecological Ethics
- Bringing Ecosystems into balance
- Duality and Nonduality
- Deep Ecology & Interconnectedness
- Eco-Theology and Conscious Living
- Ecology and Eco-Philosophy
Rev. Julie Hawkins: